The Cottages at Birch Bay Retirement Village are set in the natural landscape and rock formations of Mount Desert Island, with breathtaking vistas of the ocean and the mountains.
Designed for easy, one-floor living, each home has two bedrooms and two baths, an attached garage, full appliances, and a year-round sunroom; some cottages include a second-floor bonus room and den. For your consideration, we offer several styles and sizes ranging from 1,119 sq. ft. to 1,880 sq. ft.
The Cottages are owned in a cooperative format known as the Birch Bay Village Association. Each resident is a stockholder and secures their ownership interest by purchasing stock representing the value of the residence. The Cooperative is responsible for maintaining the structural and mechanical systems and the standard appliances and furnishings provided with each Cottage. Residents pay a monthly fee to cover the costs of the services and amenities provided by the Cooperative, allowing residents to enjoy their Cottage without the hassles of homeownership.
Cottage residents can also make reservations for dinner at the Birch Bay Inn and participate in other events hosted there. Residents also enjoy the ability to travel with the knowledge that their home will be maintained while they are away.
All cottages have two bedroom and two baths, full kitchen, living room, sunroom and dining area.
- Dramatic views of Frenchman Bay and Acadia National Park
- The Inn’s library, multipurpose room, outdoor dining terrace and pub
- Social and cultural programs
- Scheduled van transportation
- Lawn and grounds care
- Building maintenance and snow removal
- Trash and recycling pick-up
- Real estate taxes, building insurance, water, and sewer included
- Emergency response system
- Priority admission to the Inn and our Residential Care Program
- Outdoor walking path, ¼ mile
- Replacement of standard fixtures & appliances