At Birch Bay Retirement Village, residents are welcome to participate in a variety of year-round programs and activities every day of the week, as well as some favorite seasonal offerings.
Our Activities Team creates a monthly calendar with social, recreational, and educational opportunities both on campus and off with transportation provided.
Weekly Scheduled Programs & Activities
Group Fitness Classes: Wednesdays & Fridays • 1:00 – 2:00pm – The class will be performed seated or standing using resistance bands, weights and exercise balls. We will work on strength training, balance and light cardio exercise. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Parham: An American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified Group Fitness Instructor/Strength Training Instructor and YMCA Foundations Certified Group Exercise Instructor.
- Educational Opportunities: Acadia Senior College Classes, MDI Garden Club, or special presenters
- Weekly Worship Services: with local clergy visiting Birch Bay Village
- Weekly Wine & Cheese Socials
- Clubs: Free & Informal Art Group, Men’s Upta Camp Group, Women’s Group, Knitting Group, Afternoon Social Hour
- Transportation: Transportation to Bar Harbor for Shopping & Errands, local areas for activities and events, and the Carriage Roads for Walks in the Park and rides with MDI Wheelers
- Performances: Musical Performances and Shows from the area’s best musicians and entertainers
- Drive and Dines: Drive & Dines to the best Restaurants in local areas
- Transportation to Carriage Roads for accessible trike rides with MDI Wheelers
MDI Wheelers is a new non-profit that seeks to increase accessibility of Acadia National Park Carriage Roads through the use of its special electric-assist tricycles that enable a safe and comfortable ride for people who would like to have a ride on the carriage roads but need. The nonprofit has provided weekly rides for Birch Bay residents all Summer. These rides will take residents on a 1/2- to 1-hour bike ride on Acadia’s Carriage Roads around Eagle Lake.