Birch Bay Village Mission
The Mission of Birch Bay Village in Bar Harbor, Maine, a not-for-profit corporation, is to maintain a creative and exciting continuing care community that enriches the freedom of retirement while easing the challenges of aging.
Birch Bay Village Purpose
Birch Bay Village is a retirement community dedicated to enhancing health, well-being and enjoyment of life. “Our Purpose… is Supporting Yours”
- A caring community that promotes wellness and provides healthcare services as needed.
- A supportive community that provides its residents with amenities and services that promote independence, security, and enjoyment while giving its staff ample opportunities for professional growth.
- A cooperative community where residents, trustees, and staff are partners in friendly, open communication.
- An active community where a stimulating environment encourages personal growth.
- A secure community where quality of service is carefully monitored and long-term financial strength is ensured.
- A responsible community that participates in the larger community around it.
- A forward-looking community dedicated to remaining at the forefront of excellence, now and in the future.
Timeline of Birch Bay’s History
MDI Hospital breaks ground on Birch Bay Village Retirement Community.
The Inn at Birch Bay Retirement Village Opens
The Don and Beth Straus Center opens providing a day program for seniors with memory loss to enjoy a safe, active, therapeutic environment.
Birch Bay Celebrates its 10th Anniversary.
The Don & Beth Straus Center moved to Birch Bay Village.
Birch Bay begins its third stage of new cottage construction.