For many older adults, environmental sustainability is a huge factor when choosing a retirement community.
Birch Bay Retirement Village works to reduce our carbon footprint where it is possible.
From organic gardening programs, to reduction of paper products, to recycling, to digital platforms, some of our Green Initiatives include:
- Use of Electronic Medical Records & Electronic Resident Charts
- Sagely- online programs scheduling application reduces use of paper calendars & flyers.
- 80% of annual plants grown from seed
- Compost Bins
- Use of SUV & 6 Passenger Wheelchair van vs. large Wheelchair Shuttle Bus
- No Mow May
- No Chemical based lawn products used at Birch Bay Inn this year.